Sharp growth in health consciousness amongst consumers worldwide has driven a rapid change in the food business and restaurants industry. Most recent consumer surveys indicate the increase in demand for healthy eating, which offers fresh, natural, and additive-free food.
It is also important to realize that the switch to healthy food is not just about being physically well and healthy. It is also about sustainability, climate change, and overall environmental impact for the younger generation.
As a result, in addition to offering healthier food options, such restaurants also need to spend significant time building sustainable supply chains and ensuring that they minimize their impact on the environment.
These additional requirements mean that healthy restaurant owners need to invest more time, money, and effort than traditional restaurants to gain customers and achieve profitability. Key considerations to ensure your healthy restaurant concept can be executed successful include:
- Building a transparent brand, which is clear and honest about how the food has been sourced, what ingredients have been used, and what is the environmental/social impact.
- Offering unique dishes, which utilize new plant-based ingredients and substitute traditional meat and dairy options with more sustainable, healthy, and low-impact alternatives.
- Healthy drinks can be a significant driver for sales growth, given the recent increase in demand for more nutritious juices and drinks. These include cold-pressed juices, herb-infused drinks, and fermented drinks such as Kombucha.
- Delivery of healthy food options to customer doorsteps can also help drive up your sales. Along with the lifestyle mentioned above, the younger generation also values convenience. The incentive to have healthy food delivered to their doorstep can allow restaurants to build a loyal customer base.
- Recipe and menu customization is another key enabler for healthy restaurants, given the definition of healthy food can vary considerably for end consumers. By offering customers the ability to create custom meals with ingredients of their own choice, restaurants can build a unique selling point, and gain new customers quickly.