Effective as of September 2019
• What information we collect and why we collect it.
• How we use that information.
• The choices we offer, including how to access and update information
We have tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you are not familiar with the terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to us so please do take the time to get to know our practices and if you have any questions feel free to contact us by sending an email to
A. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. Information You Provide to Us
When you sign up to become a Registered User or enter a promotion or our referral program, you may be required to provide us with some personal information (the “Personal Information”) about yourself, such as your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address. We may also collect information regarding your business, such as your company name, business type and industry, corporate registration details and information about your business license.
We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use our Services unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily (for example, by registering to use the Services or joining our e-mail list).
We will process any information provided to us in connection with disputes or to support complaints in connection with the Platform or Services acquired via the Platform. Please note, Users may submit complaints regarding the Services on the Platform, we will process the data provided to us by you that is relevant to the disputes or complaints submitted.
Information you submit to the Platform for publication may be made publicly available on the Platform and therefore accessible by any internet user. You should exercise caution when deciding what information you submit to us for publication.
2. Information that We receive from Third Parties
We may receive Personal Information about you from third parties that are engaged by us to assist with providing verification services and conducting suitable money laundering and know-your-customer (KYC) checks on the Users. This may include your name, email address, company details and contact information.
If you choose to participate in reviewing or rating our Services on the Platform, we may receive Personal Information about you form the third parties that work with us to conduct reviews into our Services and/or rate us.
3. Children’s Privacy
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
4. Billing Information
In order to submit orders through the Platform, you will be required to provide certain information in addition to the Personal Information noted above. Such information may include a debit card number, credit card number, billing address, and similar information (collectively, the “Billing Information”).
5. Geolocational Information
In order to provide access to the Services while you are using a mobile device, we automatically collect geolocational information from your mobile device, your wireless carrier, or certain third-party service providers (“Geolocational Information”). The collection of such Geolocational Information occurs only when the Services are running on your mobile device. You may control the collection of Geolocational Information through the user settings on your device. You may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocational Information, in which case we will not be able to provide certain services to you. Please be sure to manage your mobile device and privacy preferences on the Platform on an ongoing basis.
Note that Blink uses Google Maps and the Google Maps API as part of its online ordering system. By using Blink’s web, iOS, or Android ordering systems you are also bound by the Google Maps APIs Terms of Service found here: https://developers.google.com/maps/terms-20180207#3-privacy-and-personal-information. Also, please be advised that your use of Google Pay or Apple Pay is subject to the terms and conditions, including the privacy policies, of Google and Apple, respectively. By using Google Pay, you hereby accept the Google Pay API Terms of Service found here:
6. Other Information
In addition to the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Geolocational Information, we may collect additional information regarding you and your use of our Services, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other devices used to access our Services (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your food orders, gender, birthdate, interests, favorite foods, and favorite restaurants.
For more information on Google Analytics, including how to opt-out from certain data collection, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics. Please be advised that if you opt-out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Services.
B. THE INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THIRD--PARTY ADVERTISING COMPANIES
C. ACCESSING AND MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
If you have registered for the Services, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information, Billing Information, and certain Other Information by following the instructions found on the Website, our ordering widget on a restaurant’s website, a Restaurant App. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Blink marketing email. Registered Users cannot opt-out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases. In such a case, we will provide you the reason why the modification or removal was not possible.
D. HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
- In order to provide you our Services, we may share your name, phone number, meal order, and, if you are ordering for delivery, your physical address with the restaurants from which you order and with any third parties that are involved in, or provide services in connection with, such orders, such as delivery services, licensees of our Platform, and similar parties. Such parties will use such information in accordance with the terms of their privacy policies.
- In order to administer our rewards, referral, and promotional programs, we may share your Personal Information and Other Information with the restaurants from which you order and delivery services that deliver your orders.
- We may from time to time share Personal Information and/or Other Information with other companies who may provide you information about the products and services they offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Services, we might analyze the Other Information and the Geolocational Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing marketing assistance, order fulfillment, billing, and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Personal Information, the Billing Information, the Geolocational Information, and the Other Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Personal Information, Billing Information, Geolocational Information, and Other Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Personal Information, the Billing Information, the Geolocational Information, and the Other Information when required by our financial or legal advisers, law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Blink or others.
E. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information, the Billing Information, the Geolocational Information, and the Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Platform may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
F. EXTERNAL WEBSITES, GOOGLE PAY, AND APPLE PAY
Please be advised that your use of Google Pay or Apple Pay is subject to the terms and conditions, including the privacy policies, of Google and Apple, respectively.
G. WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
We make sure that you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
1. The right to access
You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data free of cost
2. The right to rectification
3. The right to erasure
4. The right to restrict processing
5. The right to object to processing
6. The right to data probability
7. The right to opt-out
You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages and newsletters from us. We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us by going into your profile settings and choosing the appropriate options. To opt-out, you can also send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that you generally cannot opt-out of service related announcements, e.g. if the Services provided by us are temporarily suspended or if the delivery of a product or service is delayed.
We may retain your personal information as long as you continue to use the Services, have an account with us, or for as long as long is necessary to fulfill the purposes of this policy and as long as long we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so.
We may, however, retain personal information for an additional period as is permitted or required under the applicable law, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we may either delete or anonymize it or if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it form any further processing until deletion is possible.
You can ask to close your account by contacting us at email@example.com, and we will delete your personal information on request.